It's Bergalicious Bitch!.
Just a chick from Melbourne. Pushing 30 and suffering from verbal diarrhea.
Hey lovers, shoot me a message or tweet me any questions!

Behind The Name

| | Saturday, March 24, 2012
|

Hello Blogworld!

For my first post I thought I'd give a brief description of where Bergs Per Minute comes from. Bergs has been a nickname of mine since my early years of High School. It's a shortened version of my surname. By the time I finished school, I don't recall anyone referring to me by my first name besides the teachers, although even some of them referred to me as Bergs, my music teacher being one of them.

This has carried on since then, although now I have a second nickname which is Noodles. There's only a small number of people that don't refer to me as either of these names, which generally ends up with me not noticing that they're talking to me because I'm used to just being called Bergs or Noodles now. I'll let you guys try and figure out what my real name is if you don't know it already (facebookers aren't allowed to play! :P )

As for the Per Minute, no I'm not a prostitute that charges for the length of time a customer might require my services ;) It's in reference to one of my favourite songs, and favourite performances by Kylie Minogue. Anyone who follows me on twitter or has me on Facebook or has spent more than 5 minutes with me will know I'm a big fan.

The song it references is a B-side of a single you may or may not be familiar with called I Believe In You, the B-side being BPM which you hear below.



BPM has been a favourite for a long time, and in the lead up to Kylie's Anti Tour shows last week, I listened to it, and a few others, probably 20 times a day (no, not sick of any of them yet!).

My love for the song culminated with Kylie performing it during her Anti Tour Shows, which I plan to post about another time, which made my love for the song increase ten-fold. Catch the performance below



The above video was filmed by a friend of mine, you will be able to hear my singing and screaming throughout the video haha. Anyhow in case you haven't figured it out yet or didn't listen long enough to determine it, BPM stands for Beats Per Minute. The main lyrics of the song are 'I wanna lose myself in your Beats Per Minute'.

Add my name and the song together and you have Bergs Per Minute. ZOMG NO WAI!

This blog is just somewhere for me to share my thoughts, mainly on music as I spend most of my time either listening to it, reading about it & going to gigs. Theres only so much I can fit into 140 characters ;)

Anywho, until next time, love to you all xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers