It's Bergalicious Bitch!.
Just a chick from Melbourne. Pushing 30 and suffering from verbal diarrhea.
Hey lovers, shoot me a message or tweet me any questions!

Step Back In Time

| | Saturday, March 31, 2012
|

Greetings earthlings!

With my inablilty to decide what to write about, I put the word out on twitter for suggestions on what to blog about next. First suggestion came from @ - topic being 'Time Travel'.

Naturally the first thing that sprung to mind was 'Back To The Future'. I love all three of the movies, and 'Great Scott' has worked its way into my daily vocab! I will give you a blank stare (and possibly a bitch slap) if you don't know where the saying comes from!
























Aside from the best movie trilogy ever (pffft Twilight) every word or phrase will always make me think of a song. Now if you hadn't noticed from my first two posts or if you've just escaped from the rock you've been living under, you'll know I'm a Kylie fan, so 'Step Back In Time' also springs to mind.

So if I could hop into my Delorean, these are 5 times I would like to Step Back To:

1. 1977 - This was the year that ABBA first stepped foot on Australian soil. I was only a twinkle in the sky at this point but I adore ABBA's music and would love to have been around at the height of their popularity. From what I've read and always hear about, ABBA Mania back then was cray cray, and I would have loved to have been part of it! Being around in '77 would also mean I could try and schmooze my way into Studio 54! Actually pretty much everything I hear about the 70's was rad and I just want a taste of it!

2. 1969 - There really isn't an explanation required for this one as I'm sure most music lovers would feel the same. Woodstock. The first. The best. Who wouldn't want to experience it? Peace Love & Harmony man and so much amazing music!

3. 1957 - The Elvis hype! The TV performances & the gyrating are music folklore. I like the thought of being in the audience for one of the shows and you can bet your life on it that I would be sporting a pair of blue suede shoes!

4. 1929 - Jazz hands! Music was different back then and so much of the world was too. Experiencing jazz at it's finest, with people like Louis Armstrong at the top of their game, would be somethin' somethin'.


5. 1965 - Motown time baby! Groups like The Supremes were big at the time and Stevie Wonder was just starting out. The hair and the outfits were something to behold, I would fit right in ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers